Meal Prep Breakfast and Smoothie Recipe
I have been working my butt off to lose my…no not butt cause it’s pretty awesome, but my weight. I joined the local gym, The Alaska Club (also for Homeschool PE yay!) and have started to eat clean(ish) but more so healthier. It helps with the kids also because someone has to set the example. We still treat ourselves to fast food or dining out, but we make sure that our meals at home are more frequent and full of yummy goodness.
Two things help with making my breakfast smoothies (recipe below):
Silk Almond Milk and Coconut Milk (Um I’m addicted)
Either way. One of the biggest things that has helped is meal prepping my breakfast. I cut up a ton of fresh fruit, add a scoop of greek yogurt and my It Works Greens, put it all in a ziploc baggy and freeze. I usually can make a month of smoothies this way. In the morning all I have to do is toss it in the blender.
I also make breakfast burritos. Usually a couple weeks or more worth. For that I use two packages of sausage, taco bell seasoning (packet), weight watchers cheese and southwest style egg beaters. I wrap it in tortillas, put in ziploc baggy and freeze. Easy peasy.
Here is the recipe for my favorite smoothie yet!
- Half A Kiwi
- 1 Spoonful of Greek Yogurt (Plain or any other kind)
- Half Glass of Ice (crushed in blender)
- ¼ Cup of Silk Almond Milk
- 2 Scoops It Works Greens (Berry Flavor)
- 2 Strawberries Sliced
- ¼ Banana Sliced
- 5 Raspberries
- 2 Pink Lady Apple Slices
- All the fruit I slice and place in baggy to freeze ahead of time. I usually set to thaw out the night before. I add the Greek Yogurt and It Works Greens to the baggy too, but you don't have to.
- I then get about a half of glace of ice cubes and crush them in the blender.
- I then pour in the baggy contents and add the Almond Milk.
- You can add more or less of ice & milk to whatever consistency you like.